Sun, 02 May|
Whau River Clean Up Regatta 2021
A race against the tide - a fun event organised to find the first boat back with the largest quantity of litter picked up from the river and for the most unusual items found.
Time & Location
02 May 2021, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Auckland, 26 Saunders Place, Avondale, Auckland 1026, New Zealand
About The Event
- Bring your own non-motorised boat e.g. kayak and help clean up the Whau River.
- If you don’t have a boat you're welcome to collect litter on land around the water’s edge at nominated sites.
- Put your litter into the right skip! There will be clear signage on each, listing exactly what goes into each skip.
- There are two areas for rubbish collection.
Area 1: General Public
This is the main area for clean up by the public and the West End Rowing Club. Litter to be collected between the West End Rowing Club Pontoon and the Archibald Park Pontoon.
Area 2: Sea Cleaners and Sea Scouts assisted by Te Atatu Boat Club
Upper Estuary Clean Up
Area 3: Te Atatu Boat Club
Lower Estuary Clean
- If you are unwell please stay at home.
- Wear face coverings if you wish to.
- Maintain good hygiene by wearing gloves and washing clean hands.
- Track where you have been by signing in using the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- If the Covid Level changes from Level 1 on or before the day the event would be postponed to a future date.
Event supported by
- The Whau River Catchment Trust (WRCT)
- West End Rowing Club (WERC)
- Te Atatu Boat Club (TABC)
- Sea Cleaners (SC)
- New Lynn Sea Scouts (NLSS)
- Sustainable Coastlines (Litter Audit)
- Whau Local Board (WLB)
- Henderson Massey Local Board
- Auckland Council (AC)
- Rosebank Business Association (RBA)
- The Whau Coastal Walkway Environmental Trust (WCWET)
- EnviroWaste - Bins sponsored by EnviroWaste Avondale (TBC)
- Stephen Neville (Auckland Sports Photography).
Litter gathering on and around the water